Beyond Wonderland is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please contact us. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held on cement terrain. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services kiosk. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There will be limited ADA parking for guests with disabilities onsite, located in Lot A. Directions to ADA Parking will be marked on the streets with traffic message boards – be sure to follow these signs.
Directions from the San Fernando Valley/Pasadena area:
Driving southbound on I-215 – Exit W Orange Show Rd, turn left after the exit, and then turn left at S Waterman Ave. You’ll then take a left on W Central Ave, which will bring you to ADA parking in Lot A.
Directions from the L.A./Riverside areas:
Driving northbound on I-215 – Exit W Orange Show Rd, turn right after the exit, and then turn left at S Waterman Ave. You’ll then take a left on W Central Ave, which will bring you to ADA parking in Lot A.
ADA parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
There will be an ADA entrance, located near the ADA parking lot. Disabled guests may use this entrance to safely enter the venue. After using ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using ADA entry for the following show days.
Accessibility Services Kiosk
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an Accessibility Services kiosk conveniently located inside the venue. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services kiosk to be reissued
Accessible Viewing Area
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at designated stages. To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services kiosk.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only legitimate service animals that are individually trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint. Due to large-scale service animal fraud, and for the protection of all festival patrons, service animals must be screened and registered by the ADA team immediately upon entry to the site.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be screened and registered with the ADA department and given credentials at the security checkpoint before entering the event footprint. Please have the security guard call ADA on the radio to come register your animal.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
Upon entering the security checkpoint, you must let the guard know that they need to call ADA on the radio to come register your furry companion. All service animals must be checked into ADA and given the proper credentials in order to be at the event, before stepping foot into the event footprint. We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you’re inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
Effective Communication Requests
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- ASL Interpretation
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be submitted to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. The deadline for this event is February 22, 2024. To submit a request, please fill out the Effective Communication Request Form.
Concessions: All concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us. for further assistance.